Thursday, May 5, 2016

The burden on my heart

                    Proverbs 11:30
    "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise"
    After I read this verse , the first thing that came to my mind was Psalm 1:2-3 which says, "But his delight is found in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper." Without His wisdom and His guidance we can not bear fruit. The only way that I can reach out and help others is through Him and His Holy Spirit speaking through me.
    Since being here in Browning I have really been hit with just how important it is to stay in His word daily and to stay in constant communication with Him throughout the day. There is absolutley no way that I can do this in my own strength, even just for a day. I already feel such a love and compassion for the people here and feel the heavy burden on my heart to reach out to the lost souls here. There has been many times that I stress out and go through scenarios in my head of what im going to say or what im going to do and then the enemy creeps in and tries to make me feel inadequate. Every time this happens I stop and pray and then the Lord always brings me back to Proverbs 3:5-6 which says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." I just need to trust fully on Him and He will guide and direct me and give me the wisdom to say what the people need to hear.
    He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and I just need to abide in Him and through Him I will bear the fruit of the righteous and bring the hope of everlasting life with the Lord . There is no hope and no life without Him as the center. For many years I made worldly things my center and I had no hope and so many times I wanted to end to just end it all and give up. When I surrendered everything to Jesus is when I truly became alive. I have gone from living day to day in misery to a life full of a joy and peace that can not be found anywhere else. It is my prayer everyday that I will be able to win souls for Him and bear the fruit of the righteous and share the same hope, joy and love that I have found in Jesus with others.
Application:
    Starting today I will dedicate more time to the Lord and being in His Word. I will not only spend time in His Word in the morning when I wake up but also every night before I go to sleep as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment