Friday, May 20, 2016

The Importance Of Building On A Strong Foundation

Psalm 18:2 (a)

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer .. "
The Lord is my rock. When I think of a rock, I think of a strong foundation. ; a base that can not be moved or shaken. The Lord is that foundation and no matter what the enemy throws our way , with Him as our foundation, we will not be moved. Everything in our lives is built off of a foundation. Think of a house, without a strong foundation that house will bend and sway when the storms and winds come and eventually it will crumble and fall. If we don't have a strong foundation in our lives, when the enemy attacks us and the storms of life come, we will ultimatley fall.
Before Christ, I tried to build my life off many other foundations. I had tried just about everything. There are three main foundations that I tried to build my life around and all of them ended in my fall . Those were drugs, lies and relationships. For many years I built and revolved my life around my drug addiction and around swarms of lies and deception. Any storms that came my way I combatted with drug use to try and drown them out and escape reality and it left me broken . The third foundation that lead to my downfall was relationships . I based my life around the guys that I was with, even going as far as to move across the country , while in a fragile state, away from my family. That doesnt mean its wrong to move for the one you love, but my own personal motives in the matter were wrong . I have learned that its important to have my focus on God first and foremost and establish a relationship with Him, and to also desire that in the man I end up with. Once I do that then I can have a positive Christ centered relationship with others. I do have a desire to get married and have a family, but I am using this season in my life to build my foundation in Christ and establish a strong immovable foundation with Him first and foremost. Going through everything I have been through has finally brought me to a place where I know how much I need Christ in my life . It was only until I surrendered my life to Him that I was able to overcome the destruction and strongholds Satan had in my life. In Christ I have overcome. In Christ I am a new creation . Thank you Jesus for saving my life and my soul. You alone are my rock and my foundation, in whom I put my trust. You are my fortress , my strong tower in whom I take refuge, and You are my deliverer .
Application :
In my devotions I am going through 1 Corinthians . This morning I read through chapter 3, and verse 11 of that chapter stuck out to me. It says, " For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. " I need to be reminded daily that He is my rock and the foundation that I build my life upon. Its no coincidence that as im doing this IBS, that I read that very verse this morning as well. As an application, I will write it on a sheet of paper and hang it up in my room so that I start each day with the encouragement and motivation that He is my rock and my foundation ; Whom then shall I fear ?

No comments:

Post a Comment