Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Becoming a Prayer Warrior

Matthew 20:26-28
"Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave -just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."
Jesus, the Son of God, came down to earth to serve us and to die on the cross for us. Thats how much He loved us. He gave his life up for all of us. What an amazing example for us on how we should be. Now im not saying that we should physically die, but we do need to spiritually die, and die to our flesh. We must rid ourselves of everything and be filled with only Him so that we may serve Him in a greater way. This isn't an easy task. It means giving up fleshly desires and maybe even giving up friendships or relationships with people that hinder our walk with Him.
When I came to the Lord I had to give up a lot in my life. Just making the decision to come to IGNITE meant I had to give up a year of my life to serve others. It was a huge decision, but it has been so rewarding in so many ways. Don't get me wrong, I miss my friends and my family back home, but I have also made a new family here in Guatemala that I get to serve alongside with. I also had to put relationships and friendships into the Lord's Hands. That was the most difficult thing for me to do, but I have come to realize and learn that the greatest service that I can do for someone else is pray. I have become a prayer warrior, every single morning, for those that I love so dearly and are in my heart that are still suffering in the world. My mom was my prayer warrior. She put me into the Lord's Hands, and prayed for me everyday. She was worried but she also had a peace about her because she knew and had faith that I would come back to the Lord, and now here I am. If you would have known me and how lost I was before, you would have thought it was impossible for me to come back to God, but yet my mom had such strong faith. She has become my inspiration and the example of the Godly woman that I wish to be. I have now became that Prayer Warrior for others that have been heavy on my heart. I have faith that the Lord is protecting them and watching over them, just as He watched over me and protected me. My favorite verses are from Lamentations 3:22 and 23, which says, "Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. That are new every morning, Great is Your faithfulness." My mom read this out loud and cried after I shared my testimony in my home church, and now these verses have so much meaning to me that It brings tears to my eyes whenever I read them. Great is Your faitfulness Lord God. Though we may stray away from Him, He never strays away from us. He has, is, and always will be there faithfully.
Application:
I want to become even more of a prayer warrior, so starting today, in addition to praying every morning for those ones that I love that are away from the Lord , I will also pray for them every night before I go to sleep, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment