Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Everyone is Equal in the Lord's Sight

Romans 12:16

"Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion"
Everyone is equal in the Lord's sight. No one is better or worse than the other. This is how we should also view each other. The rich are not better than the poor, celebrities are not better than the average person, and we are not better than others because we are Christians.
This is one subject that really aggrivates me, especially when it comes to Christians. I experienced this growing up. I went to a Christian school for a few years and a lot of people there had a chip on thier shoulder, and they didn't want to associate with the kids from the public schools. This was because those kids were beneath them because they weren't Christians and because they didn't go to our school. This was something that turned me off to Christianity at a young age. I thought thats how all Christians acted, like they were better than everyone else. They did the same things the other kids did, and in some cases they even acted worse than the public school kids but somehow that was okay. Unfortunatley, this is not something that only goes on as kids, because it was a learned behavior from the adults around them. This happens a lot today in the Christian church. They will look down on others for thier sins but somehow fail to look at themselves in the mirror. Jesus says in Luke 6:37- "Judge not, and you shall not be judged" and later starting in verse 41 He says, "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye', when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?" We must focus on ourselves and our own sins. If we see a brother or sister in sin, don't judge them. Instead, try to help them and show them the love of Christ. Jesus came to save everyone, not just some. As Christians, we are to go out and spread the Gospel to all the ends of the earth and save those that are lost and hurting.
Application:
There are times when I need to check myself . I have found myself judging the way one of my brothers or sisters are acting or saying, and then I neglect my own thoughts and behaviors . As an application, whenever one of these thoughts comes into my mind I will stop and pray in the moment and ask the Lord to help me with this, and for Him to reveal my own shortcomings.

No comments:

Post a Comment