Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Staying Humble

Luke 17:7-10
"And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ' Come at once and sit down and eat' ? But will he not rather say to him, ' Prepare something for my supper and gird yourself and serve me till i have eatten and drunk, and afterward you will eat and drink'? Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not. So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded say, 'We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do'."
Serving without expecting a thank you, or anything in return. How many times do I let my pride get in the way ? Ill be honest with you all, there are times that i get upset when I don't hear a thank you. Its part of my selfish, prideful human nature to want to hear how great of a job im doing. Now im not saying that its wrong to hear or say thank you once in a while, because I think we all need that bit of reassurance once in awhile, or else we will get burnt out. What Im saying is that we should be doing things for others because we genuinley truly want to deep down in our hearts, not because we want recongnition for it.
At the end of Verse 10, Jesus commands us as His servants to say, 'We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do." Humility. I know that I am unworthy, yet my Lord has chosen me to do His work anyways. If you know my background , the things I have done and where I came from you would think I would be the last person God would use to do His work, yet He has found me worthy in His eyes and He has chosen me. I have had multiple people tell me that I have a great calling on my life, and it touches my heart each time. Why would the Lord want to use someone such as myself ? He can use anyone, and if at any point He finds that I am getting too prideful and only serving for recognition He can and will pull me out at anytime. I need to be very careful to have the right heart going into this. I will be going to Montana, and I am part of the first team going there and the Lord is going to do some incredible things there. I know He will, and He has found me worthy enough to take part in this amazing oppurtunity. Wow, how incredible is that ? Ill be honest, there are times that I can get prideful about it, and think of all the things I can do there, but in reality its not me doing those things at all. God is working through me, and its only because of Him and through His strength that I will be able to do the plans He has for the Reservation.
1 Peter 4:11 says, "If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever." To God be All the Glory. I have to be careful to not let my pride get in the way, and to make sure that I am truly glorifying Him in all that I do, because without Him I am nothing. After all, I wouldn't even be where I am today If it wasnt for His undeserving grace on me. Thank you Lord !
Application:
Today I will memorize 1 Peter 4:11 so that I will always remember to do everything through His strength and not my own, and also to make sure to keep myself humble and give Him all the Glory in everything that I say and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment