Sunday, March 6, 2016

My Prayer

John 15:15
"No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things I have heard from My Father I have made known to you"
In this verse, Jesus is calling us His friends. Think about that for a second, what an honor it is to be called a friend to the Son of God. He cared about and loved us so deeply that He came to the earth to serve us and die for us to save us all from our sins.
I would like to also take a look at Verse 11 where He says, "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full." He wants us to understand just how much He loves us. Its with this same love that we are commanded to love each other. If we love in our own strength we will fail, so we must love through Him and rely on His strength. When we follow His commandments and empty ourselves completley of ourselves we can be filled with Him and His Holy Spirit. When we do this like verse 11 says, our joy may be full. This is a particular area that I need to personally work on. I let outside thoughts and influences get in my head, and then I remain stuck in those thoughts and negativity, and as a result my joy suffers. I need to remember that I have a best friend, Jesus, and I can always talk to Him and lay my worries and fears upon Him. All i need to do is call upon His name and He will always be there to help me through it. There are two verses that have been laid on my heart, and those are Jeremiah 33:3 - "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know". The other is Phillipians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". These have become my life verses in this season of my life. My physical body may be weak, and the enemy knows this and tries to come in and attack my body and my mind. When this happens though, I need to just call unto Him to fill me with His strength and have joy in the fact that He has saved me, and that one day I will be spending eternity with Him in Heaven.
Application:
I need to always remember that I have a friend in Him, and that He is my shelter, the rock on which I stand. I need to fully rely on Him, and trust in Him completley. So as an application, today I will write down Psalm 61: 1-4 in my prayer journal and make it my prayer to Him every morning. It says, "Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter to me, A strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever, I will trust in the shelter of Your wings."

No comments:

Post a Comment