Sunday, February 7, 2016

A Beautiful Moment Between The Lord and I

Hebrews 6:12
"that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises"
The first word that captured my attention in this verse was sluggish. To be sluggish is to move at a slow pace or come to a halt. In this verse the author is saying we need to stay steadfast and perservere in being closer to God.
For me this verse spoke to me because for me "being sluggish" is my tendency to try to put off what God wants for my life. Before coming to IGNITE I was very tempted to just not come at all. There was a part of me that didn't want to completely give up my past life. I feel better and safer if im able to keep doors open, so coming here was a very hard battle for me. The enemy knew how to tempt me and manipulate me. He knows my weaknessess and would play on them. I would forget about all the bad times, the times I hit rock bottom, or the times I was alone crying uncontrollably because I was hurt and trapped. It may sound crazy but part of me was comfortable in that life. I was scared of this radical change, going to a different country, and committing a year of my life to the program. I only knew about IGNITE about 2 or 3 months before coming, but those couple months were some of the hardest months of my life. Giving up my comforts, my addictions and hardest of all giving up the people that I knew and loved that were still trapped in thier addictions or harmful to me. It was a slow and sluggish progress. I resisted a lot and chose to do things my own way and not give things or people up, and I just ended up hurting myself even more. Finally, I gave up. I decided to surrender to His will and I am so incredibly happy that I did. This is a constant reminder to me that I need to surrender everything to Him and not leave those back doors open. I'm at a point where I don't want any outside influence or toxicity in my life. The only people I want and need in my life are the people that the second part of this verse is talking about ; "Imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises". These are Godly men and woman that can encourage me and strenghthen me further in the Lord. Godly influences who are willing to please the Lord and keep pressing forward towards His Love and everlasting life with Him in Heaven.
A verse that God has placed on my heart in regards to this is Romans 12:2 which says, "do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God". Once I rid myself of those ungodly influences my mind is renewed and I am able to see more clearly the perfect plan that God has for my life.
Application:
Tonight I will sit down with my journal and pray. I will ask God to reveal to me If i still have any of these backdoors open and i will ask for His strength to close them. I will also memorize Proverbs 12:26 which says, "The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray".
Towards the end of writing this while I was writing my application the most beautiful thing happened. The song "I surrender all" by CeCe Winans came on and I broke down and just worshipped Him. It was such an amazing moment between the Lord and I.  I truly give "all to Him my blessed saviour". Lord Jesus, I surrender all.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What an awesome post. We miss you at Chapel Falls Shannon but desire to see you in His will above all else ! Keep looking up ><>

    ReplyDelete