Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Being Obedient

Hebrews 5:8
"though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered"

Learning to be obiedient to God took me a very long time. Im extremely stubborn. I tend to do things my own way and want to learn for myself. During my dark days I was told many times to turn to the Lord and that He would save me, but I refused time and time again. I was determined to use my own strength to pull myself out, but I ultimatley failed worse and worse each time I tried. I honestly was so lost that I wasn't really sure there was a God or If He could really save me at the point that I was at. Now that I look back at it I can point out multiple times that God was there and that it was Him that saved me and pulled me out of the pit, but during that time I was just too stubborn to believe. My entire testimony is the impossible becoming the possible, and I don't know how I could ever think that He wasn't there. He has always been there, watching over me and saving me from every horrible situation I got myself in.
More recently, I have yet another way that the Lord has made Himself so evident in my life. I was planning on coming here but money was big issue. I had literally nothing because of the life that I came out of and my mom was struggling to help me out. My amazing church came together and decided to sponsor me to be here, they didn't have all the money at first but God has been providing and keeping me safe each step of the way. When I was leaving Newark Airport to come here I was supposed to have a 12 hour layover in Washington DC, and then from there I would fly here to Guatemala. Everyone was a little worried about that layover. I had been with my family basically every minute of everyday so It was easy to stay on the right track. My family, pastor and church were praying that God would keep me safe, and He absolutley did. As It turns out that they overbooked my flight and they had no room left for me on the plane. They apologized and then informed me that they had a direct flight from Newark to Guatemala City in a couple of hours and they transferred me onto that flight. They also ended up giving me a $500 voucher towards a plane ticket for the next time I fly for the "inconvience". Not only was God watching over me and keeping me safe, but He also provided the money I would need for my next plane ticket. Thats only one example of His evidence in my life, but I have many more. Looking back and seeing all these different things now has changed my entire outlook and perspective on God. He is there, He has always been there, and He will always be there. I have made a commitment to put my life into His Hands and to obey Him and follow whatever course He has for my life.
Application:
Today I will write down all the times that God made the impossible possible in my life and I will thank Him for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment