Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Don't Judge

IBS on Matthew 11:19

"The Son of Man came eatting and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children."

In this verse the author is describing the way that the outside world (non believers) viewed Jesus. They could not understand why Jesus would want to be around these sinners . These types of people were looked down upon. In our day I associate the gluttons and winebibbers with the drug addicts, alcoholics, the homeless and all lower class people in general that are lost that our society looks down upon. Jesus was fellowshipping with these types of people. He was eatting and drinking with them, and back then in Biblical times that was a really big deal. This is a big reason why they were so astonished and taken aback by this. Jesus is showing us that although these types of people are cast out and shunned by everyone else, He still loves them This is the example of how we should treat one another without prior judgements. We need to love these kinds of people that are looked down upon and cast out by society. They are worthy of Jesus's love and affection and they are worthy of our love and affection as well.
The Wisdom in this verse is shown through the love of Jesus Christ shining through us onto others. Her children are the ways in which we treat each other and show that love. We are not truly wise until we are able to understand the love that Jesus Chirst has and are able to let his love flow through us.
This verse really spoke to me because I was one of those people that society looked down upon. I was judged and shut out by a lot of people in the world, and also by the fake Christians. And even though I turned my life around and today Im a different person, I still can feel the judgements of other people. But, even in my struggle God stlll loved me and He has always been there for me and was watching over me. He put strong loving Christians in my life that showed me the love of Jesus which ultimatley brought me back to Him. Our actions as Christians can have a huge impact on someone else that may be struggling and depressed. They may feel like they have nowhere to turn, and want to just end it all. They may feel like no one cares and the world has given up on them. So as Christians, we need to show how much we love and care about them. We need to draw them closer to us and love on them, so in turn they will draw closer to God.
Application:
Today I will pray for those that are lost and struggling. I will also pray and ask God to show me who around me is hurting and may need someone to be there for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment