Sunday, February 7, 2016

Jesus Take The Wheel

Psalm 16:8
"I have set the Lord always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved" (I will not be shaken)
I read this verse and the first question I asked myself was, 'Do I really always set the Lord before me?' I had to stop and think about this for a moment. I certainly didn't in the past, but what about now in my present walk with Him ? Is He truly number one in all that I do or am I motivated by my fleshly desires ? If im being honest with myself the answer is no, I do not always set the Lord before me. My flesh takes control. I get controlling and even prideful at times. I have done things my own way and pushed aside the convictions I felt from the Holy Spirit. This always ended in complete disaster. I came to a point where I finally realized that those convictions may have been hard and seemed unfair at the time, but God wasnt trying to punish me in any way. In fact, it was the complete opposite. He was not only trying to help me, but He was also trying to save me from being in a hurtful situation. He is my Heavenly Father, and I think of how close my father and I are here on earth. I refer to myself as a Daddy's girl, but It wasn't always that way. We went through some rough times and didn't talk to each other for years, but now I am closer to my dad then I've ever been before. If he tells me Im doing something wrong or scolds me, its only because he loves me and doesn't want to see me hurt. Its the same with my Heavenly Father. I pushed Him away and I didn't talk to Him for years, but I feel closer now to God then I have ever felt before. So when I feel those convictions I know its because He loves me and only wants what is best for me.
Now for the second part of this verse; "Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved". When I read this I thought of Phillipians 4:13 which says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". As long as I step aside and give Him complete control, then I can confidently and joyfully move forward in life. With His strength and guidance all things are possible.
Application:
Starting today, whenever I notice my flesh is taking control I will stop and pray in the moment and ask God to take control.

No comments:

Post a Comment