Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Everything is in God's Hands

2nd Corinthians 1:12

"For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you"
In this verse, Paul and Timothy are stating that they have lived a holy and righteous life, not only in the eyes of man but in the eyes of God as well. It goes deeper than just doing what is right and living a righteous life outwardly, but also truly meaning it inwardly in our hearts and minds. Everybody can see our actions, but God can see our hearts. We need to be witnesses not only to each other but a witness to God as well. In Acts 1:8, Jesus said, "and you shall be witnesses to Me". To be a true living testimony to Him and to others we need to be all in and give our lives completley over to the Lord, and Glorify Him in everything that we do. We can not go through this life on our own without His love and undeserving Grace.
I believe Paul and Timothy are also warning us not be prideful in ourselves. We shouldnt take the credit or recognition for anything we do because without God we are nothing, so we need to give God all the Glory !
Also personally, this verse spoke to me because I tend to over complicate and over analyze situations. I dwell on them and in turn get stressed out and that hinders my walk with Him. Paul and Timothy stated that we need to conduct ourselves in the world in simplicity. I believe the simplicity that they speak of, is simply giving our all unto God so that we may in turn live the holy and righteous life that they have lived. If im dwelling on situations in life, then it is holding me back from what God has planned for me.
Application:
I need to learn that everything is in God's Hands and to hand over the reigns unto Him.
So, Today I will make a list of all my worries and cares that I am dwelling on and lift them up unto Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment