Saturday, February 13, 2016

Being content with Him

Philippians 4:11
"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content"
God is all that I need. He is the only one that could save me from the black hole I had buried myself in. Everytime I tried to dig myself out in my own strength, I slipped and would only end up falling deeper into misery and oblivion. Because of my lifestyle I ended up stripped of absolutley everything and now I have literally nothing except what I brought with me in my suitcase, and even then I had to buy most of my clothes before coming here.
Seven months ago is when I went back home to NY to be with my family. Before that I was homeless in Southern California, living out of a car with my ex, trying to live life my own way, on my own terms. I was continuously in and out of hospitals, would go without eatting for days on end, and spent every last dollar I had on my selfish addictions. What kind of life is that ? The sad part is that for a moment in time I was fooled into thinking I was content with that lifestyle. Living in sin, destroying my body, degrading and disrespecting myself and hurting the only ones in my life that truly loved me ; God and my family. I look back now and can't believe I did the things I did. The addictions I struggled with had such a strong hold on me and it clouded my mind in such a way that I had come to terms with living that way. I would open my eyes every morning and just accept defeat. I was miserable, depressed, lost and didn't think there was a way out. I had tried numerous times to get out of it but I was sucked right back into it. My weakness, vulnerability and fleshly desires would ultimatley overpower my strength and will power after each attempt. It wasn't until I stopped doing it my way with my own strength that my life turned around. I finally leaned on God to pull me out. I gave my life to Him and His love, mercy, grace and strength saved me from myself and from the darkness that clouded my life. I can honestly say that I am content with giving my life fully to Him. After all, If it wasn't for Him and His grace I wouldnt even be alive today. I am now filled with love, joy and peace.
Application:
I want to maintain being content with Him and grow closer to Him. I want to spend more time with Him alone in His presence. Today I will go out to the tent and I will worship Him alone, so that It is only Him and I and theres no outside disturbances.

No comments:

Post a Comment