Sunday, February 21, 2016

My mom and My bestfriend

Ephesians 6:1

"Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right."
Colossians 3:20
"Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord."

If you talked to my mom she would tell you countless stories of how I was mischevious, strong willed and stubborn. I have always wanted to do things my own way literally since the day I was born. According to my mom the first day after I was born, I got kicked out of the baby nursery in the hospital because the nurse said I was a "bad kid". I guess I had riled up all the other babies in the nursery and then I also punched the nurse in the face which left a huge welt. All throughout my childhood I wasn't a very obedient child. Actually Ill be honest, I haven't been obedient up until about 7 months ago when I gave my life to the Lord. Thats when everything changed for me. Before that, there was always tension between my mom and I, and there were times when her and I wouldn't talk. I look back and I really regret all the years that I lost with her because of my disobedience and wanting to do things my own way. All the times we disagreed wasn't because she was trying to keep me from something or someone, it was only because she loved me and was trying to protect me. I see that now, but I could never see that before. I will say though, that since I have come to the Lord her and my relationship has drastically changed. My mom is my bestfriend and I love her more than anything in this world. I could never express how sorry I am for all the heartache I have caused her through the years. It means the world to hear her and my dad say to me today that they are so proud of me and the person that I have become.
It is the same with my Heavenly Father . All my running, and all my stubborness to please my flesh has caused Him so much heartache. Thoroughout everything He has been there. He has saved me from myself multiple times. Just like my relationship with my mom, my relationship with Him has drastically changed as well. He has also become my bestfriend, and whens Hes looking down on me, I want Him to be proud of me. I want to hear Him say these beautiful words to me when I enter Heaven's gates, "Well done, good and faithful servant".
Application:
Tonight I will sit down and write a letter to my mom telling her how sorry I am for everything, how amazing she is for always being there, how much I love her, and how thankful I am to have her as my mom and my bestfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment