Sunday, February 28, 2016

Being a Servant

1 Corinthians 9:19

"For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more."
Part of being a Godly man or woman is to be a servant to all. We don't do this because we have to, but because we want to. God works inside our hearts, and wants us to spread His love to others, and one way of doing this is serving others. Serving is a big part of ministry and comes in many different forms. You don't have to be a missionary to serve, you can serve anywhere you are. You can help out in your church, or even just reaching out to those who are lost .
For me right now, serving means helping my classmates out. Being a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, and a prayer warrior. It means going out of my way to help someone else when they need it. Also, being in Guatemala, to me serving means improving on and learning more Spanish. I knew some Spanish before coming here, but I have been trying to learn more. We have Spanish class but a lot of it is what I already knew. I am so thankful to have my sister and roommate Natalia here to help me out with this. I want to strive further to learn more and be fluent by the time I leave here.
Application:
I want to learn how to share my testimony in Spanish, so starting tonight I will try to tell my roommate Natalia what I know how to say so far, and have her help me improve on it until I can tell it fluently

No comments:

Post a Comment