Saturday, February 13, 2016

False Accusations

Luke 3:14
"Likewise the soldiers asked him saying, "And what shall we do?" So he(John) said to them, "Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages."
John is preaching to the people in this chapter and telling them how they need to act. In this verse specifically he is addressing the soldiers. He is telling them not to think highly of themselves or falsely accuse anyone. He is also telling them to be content with the job they have and the money the recieve from it.
The part that really stuck out to me in this verse is to not falsely accuse. Before coming to Christ I lived my life based around a mulitude of lies and blamed everyone else for my actions. I refused to put the blame on myself, and doing that just created more problems and I could never pull myself out of the darkness that had encompassed my life. I wouldnt take responsibility, and therefore I wasn't able to confess. When I finally reached that point of brokeness and realization that I had been putting the blame on everyone else and not owning up to my own actions and decisions I was able to whole heartedly confess to the Lord, my family and anyone I had wronged, all my wrongdoings and how sincerly sorry I was for everything. It felt like a load had been lifted off my shoulders. I had been lying for years, and it was just a chain of covering up one lie with another lie. It was weighing me down. Through confessing, The Lord shed His love, mercy and grace on me. I don't deserve to be here today, and I could have wound up in some really severe situations, but His mercy and grace overpowered the darkness. His light shone through those that I had wronged and I had been forgiven. Through this the Lord revealed I need to do the same . I have been hurt multiple times, and I have been carrying around resentment, hate, and anger towards them because of it. Its been a constant struggle for me to forgive all the people whom have caused me a great deal of pain. As hard as it is, I have come to realize that in a way I am also falsely accusing them. Their actions and the way they had treated me was a direct result of demonic forces at work in thier life. They are under the stronghold of Satan and they need help to break those chains. So my application is that I will make a list of anyone I held anger and resentment towards and I will pray for them every single day. In doing this I will be able to fully forgive and let go of any pain that still lingers from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment