Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Patience

IBS On Luke 21:19
"By your patience, possess your souls."

In the verse Jesus is telling us to be patient in waiting on Him so that we may keep our souls clean and pure and focused on Him only. The scripture before this verse, starting in verse 7, Jesus is speaking of the End Times and the signs we need to be aware of. He is talking about the ways the enemy can decieve us and lead us away from Him. There will also be much persecution for those who stand up firmly for Jesus. Close friends and family will betray us, and in some cases Christians are even put to death.
For me personally, I have already lost people who were very close to me because of my faith in Jesus Christ. They have turned thier backs on me and betrayed me because they no longer like the person I am in Him. I got called things like "Bible Thumper" and was laughed at when I got baptized. This didn't shake my faith though. I stood firm and boldly in my faith for Jesus Christ and had to let those people in my life go. All I can do for them now is pray for them and be a living testimony and let them see that I am a new creation in Him. I couldnt let them bring me back into the world. The second part of this verse Jesus is telling us "possess your souls", therefore If I let them get to me and bring me back into the world it effects my soul and ultimatley all of eternity.
Also, this verse also spoke to me in another powerful way. I have really struggled in the area of being patient and waiting on His timing and plan for my life. Recently I was engaged, and very close to being married, and it was a very big struggle for me to let him go. Ive reached a point in my life where all I want more than anything is to have a family and I was so close to having that, but It wasnt God's will for my life. I loved and cared about him very much but I had given my life to the Lord and he refused to. I know that I need to focus on myself and become the Godly woman and wife that I was intended to be before I can have this but still I feel like time is running out for me. It was hard for me to give up everything and dedicate this year to the Lord but I felt in my heart that not only did i need to do this for myself, but it was also God's will for me to be here.
Application:
Today I will make a list of those people that mocked me for my faith and pray for them daily.
I will also pray for my continued struggle in being patient. I will ask God to continue to break me in this area, and pray for His strength and guidance as He molds me to be that Godly woman.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment