Wednesday, February 17, 2016

On Fire For God

Acts 5:29-32

'But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him."
Peter and the apostles were imprisoned the day before for performing signs and wonders in the name of Jesus bringing many people to the Lord. An angel appeared to them while they were in prison and got them out and told them to stand in the temple and preach about the Lord. The next morning when the officers went to the prison they saw that the prison was secured but the apostles werent there anymore, then they found them in the temple doing what God had asked them to do. They were brought before the high priest and these verses were what they replied to him. Reading the whole context of what went on here is so powerful. Peter and the apostles were on fire for Jesus. Nothing and no one of this world could stop them.
This makes me stop and ask myself, 'Am I on fire for the Lord?', 'Am I willing to do anything and go anywhere the Lord wants me to go?' 'Willing to obey His every command?' Ill be honest, just obeying Him and coming to IGNITE was a hard decision for me. I knew so clearly that He wanted me to be here, it was evident in everything. He spoke to me through multiple people and He has provided every step of the way when there was no money to begin with, yet I still had my resignations. Verse 29 says, "Obey God rather than men". There really wasn't anyone that was telling me not to come except for my own flesh, but I ended up obeying Him and letting go of my fleshly desires. Now that I have come here I am very happy that I did. Sometimes I think I know whats best for me, but I don't. The reality is that God knows whats best for me and wherever He leads me I want to follow. I want to be on fire for Him like Peter and the apostles were, even when they knew they could be imprisoned for doing God's will they remained steadfast and stood boldly for Him. That is such an encouragement to me. Thier story reminds me that through all my hard times He was always there to pull me out, even when I didn't believe in Him He was faithful to me. Now its my time to be faithful to Him and to follow His will for my life.
Application:
Today I will pray that I get out of the way and let Him lead me to where He wants me to go. I will pray that He will strengthen me to set my fleshly desires aside and fill me with His Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment