Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Adaptability

1 Corinthians 9:22

"to the weak, I became as weak that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."
Adaptability. "I have become all things to all men". I read that and I can't help but to think of how Jesus, whom is the Son of God, came to earth in our human forms. He wanted to understand us, feel how we feel, be tempted, have emotions. He wanted to experience what it meant to be human. By coming to this earth and dying on the cross for our sins, He has saved all who believe.
We need to follow this example of becoming all things to all men. As we get sent out to our different field locations around the country we will all be in different cultures and we all need to adapt to that culture. Live as they live, dress and they dress, eat what they eat..etc. When we do this, we are showing them that we aren't trying to change who they are or bring in our culture, but that we love them and care about the things they love and care about. We want to spread God's love, and He loves everyone.
I feel that this verse also ties into not being judgemental. We are all the same to the Lord. When He looks down on us He sees all our sin as the same. Therefore, we shouldn't look down on anyone. Jesus died for everyone. When you see someone on the side of the road who is homeless, or maybe addicted to substances, do not look down on them. God loves them and so should we. We shouldn't engage in thier lifestyle, thats not what Hes saying. He is saying that we need to be a light in the darkness to them, and reach down and help them up. Don't just walk by and turn away in disgust. Let my life be an encouragement to you to be like this. I was that lost sheep that was wandering around and didn't know my way. Do you think it was the ones that turned thier backs on me that helped me be who I am today ? No, of course not. It was those that showed me the love of God and took an interest in me and my life. They showed me they truly cared. Thats what helped me turn from my ways. I had hated myself, but I saw that others loved me, and not just that but they told me that God loves me too. I could feel His love through them, and also through all the ways He saved me.
Application:
Starting this Wedensday, the next time I get internet, I will look up the Blackfeet Indians and learn more about thier culture. I will continue to do this everytime I get internet to learn more and more about them so that I may be able to adapt to thier culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment